Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oarai - my happy place....


Took a morning train and brought myself to a small town south of where I am living. When I arrived, I could feel that something magical is going to happen to me. It happened, I met Oarai....the beach town that swept my feet away.

During my 6 years in Sendai, I have not seen such a view in Japan. Today, I have seen the beginning of my new life....anything else that can top that would be my summer trip to Tahara. Oarai will be a place for me to find peace and to seek harmony. With my work starting this coming Wednesday, I really need a happy place to bring me back to sanity.

Today I went to Oarai with Mia and we head to the Aquarium (Oarai Aquaworld). We got to see penguins, fishes, sharks, sea lions, seals, dolphins and others. We had so much fun laughing at hilarious jokes and mimics, at the end of our small trip we got exhausted on the bus back to the station. We stopped at Mito to look around and saw some cherry blossom trees along a river. We went there to take a look and took some pictures too. After that we headed home because we got to finish preparing for our first lesson.

I am currently exhausted to the maximum and will call it a day real soon after getting some of the lesson preparations done.

Here are some pictures I took today:

Me and my current happy place....

Another view of my current happy place....

South American Penguins....no wonder they can survive outside under the sun....

The diver that introduced us to some very rare sea animals....

Me and Jellyfishes....

Manbou the flat fish....the no.1 idol in this Aquarium

Me and JAWS!!!....

With huge PENGUIN!!!....

No comments: