Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scorpion Fun.



I'm realizing there are tons of scorpions in my room! I've found way more this past year than I ever have before.

At least I saw before it ever had a chance to sting me. The scorpion came out of the bathroom and seemed like it was heading straight for my foot. For a second I thought it was a cricket and I couldn't have cared less. But then I saw the creature do some weird twirly thing with its stinger...

I considered finding the bottle of Raid to kill it. Using the Raid would leave the scorpion dead but intact (so it could be used as the subject in a future painting). But I figured it'd probably find a place to hide in my room before I could get the Raid. I decided upon immediate action, which meant bashing it with a shoe.

The pictures I posted show the remnants of the scorpion. It's pretty mangled, and unfortunately I don't think I will ever be able to use it as a subject for a still life painting.

I used to be so scared of these things, and while they still kinda freak me out, they don't get my heart racing like they used to. The highs just aren't as good anymore, maybe if I found a snarling grizzly bear in the closet, maybe that would hit the spot...

Please feel free to talk about your own worst animal experiences in comments :)


Labels: scorpions

No comments: