Thursday, September 4, 2008

Frightful Things



I was at my parents house earlier this week and I was confronted by what I fear the most....spiders. A large banana spider had set up home in 1 day and had a huge web hanging from the corner of their stoop. To me the only good spider is a dead one. I got in the house and told my father. He promptly set to killing. He gathered his killing tools. A broom and a can of Raid. I love Raid. It kills spiders! Thre minutes later, spider was dead and web was destroyed! I hope that spider rots in spider hell!




Last summer I was on my back patio and had a fearful run in with jumping spiders! First of all, I knew there were spiders out there as my plants had taken over like a jungle. I was going out there to cut stuff back from the patio. I wore a long sleeved shirt as my hands and arms would be near and on plants. I thought that was enough. It wasn't...soon I was in spider HELL!

A jumping spider was on a planter to the right of me. All of a sudden I felt something scurrying on my bare ankle. I looked down and it was a jumping spider. I freaked to say the least. I tried to kill it. I swatted at it with my gloved hand. It jumped back to the planter. OK good.. at least t it was not on me. I was sure all my comotion and shrieking had scared it. It was brave. Within a few seconds it jumped back to my ankle. I hopped and shrieked and swatted. It jumped to teh patio floor. I tried to stomp it. It jumped out of the way. No matter how hard I tried to kill it, it continued to jump back and forth to my ankles and legs.



Finally I was able to get it off of me long enough for me to get back in the house and get my can of Raid! I sprayed the patio floor and the planters. I do not know if I got the spider, but he did not jump on me anymore that day. Maybe the smell scared him away once and for all.

The worst experience with spiders happened about 2 years ago. I was staying at a Red Roof Inn and after I checked in, I noticed a large spider and web near the entrance way. I was unnerved! As I wlaked to my room, I looked up at the ceilings on the outside of the building and there were spiders and large webs everywhere. It was something out of a nightmare as when evening came, I could look out my window and see all the spiders dropping down to feed for the night. There were literally about 100 spiders. I counted

No comments: