Friday, October 3, 2008

Photographing the blue tits


By chance, I've located the nest box so that it is fairly close not only to the kitchen window but also to the outhouse, which joins the kitchen at right angles.

This meant that I could take photos of the birds through the window of the outhouse (once I'd cleaned it of all the accumulated cobwebs and muck). I now have hundreds of photos of blue tits at the nest box. Here on this page is just a selection. Possibly more than anyone wants to see, but what the heck - I'm really pleased because blue tits have made a nest here for the first time.

Blue tit (male) at nest box - 1Blue tit (male) at nest box - 2

Blue tit (male) at nest box - 3 Blue tit (male) at nest box - 4

Above (four photos): Blue tit - the male I think - at the entrance to the nest box.

No comments: